White Pine Renewables is a renewable energy developer that is leading the transformation of the energy sector. We enable businesses and communities to make smarter decisions about the way energy is created, stored, and managed by developing, financing, and owning and operating distributed solar and energy storage projects at our customer’s place of business. We are passionate, motivated thinkers who are unified by our mission to change the way the world harnesses and uses energy. We thrive on solving big problems for our customers and are powered by our innovation and determination. In California and the Midwest, White Pine Renewables combines the spirit of a startup with the experience and access to capital on par with the largest solar development companies in the US. We are committed to open the full spectrum of energy innovation to help our customers save money and grow through sustainable energy solutions in the following core areas: behind-the-meter solar photovoltaics, behind-the-meter energy storage, microgrids, electric vehicle charging, solar-to-hydrogen, and solar-to-desalination water systems.
Senior Project Developer
The Senior Project Developer will have responsibility for filing interconnection applications and managing the utility process, all aspects of managing the permitting and entitlement process of solar PV and battery projects up to the start of construction, as well as supporting the pursuit and execution of revenue contracts. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, and responsible and accountable for all aspect of the projects development.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Bring projects from conception to completion on schedule including:
- Ownership of a project development plan utilizing Smartsheet or equivalent project management software to establish itemized tasks, budgets, timelines, and schedule dependencies, from site acquisition through NTP construction
- Site analysis and site selection, in partnership with GIS Team and real estate brokers as applicable
- Landowner outreach and contract negotiation culminating in executed lease, license, or purchase agreements
- Interconnection – progress projects through the interconnection study process, in partnership with the company’s engineering consultants
- Real estate entitlement including but not limited to managing ALTA survey process and working with title companies as well as lot line adjustments and parcel mergers
- Discretionary permitting including land use and zoning (typically Conditional Use Permit / Special Use Permit) via county planning and zoning authorities, as well as any state or federal permits as may be necessary
- Tax – Negotiation of personal property tax abatements or PILOT agreements with county officials
- Coordination of third-party engineering and environmental consultants to obtain required studies and surveys in support of real estate title and discretionary permit applications
- Partnership with White Pine’s preferred engineering firms for the provision of preliminary layouts and production forecasts
- Maintaining a strong understanding of the regulatory and policy environments for assigned market(s)
- 2+ years of hands-on renewable energy development experience
- Ability to analyze and synthesize multiple data points in order to make decisions on key aspects of development and commercial strategy
- Competency in scheduling and budgeting for development-stage renewable energy projects and ongoing commitment to manage toward achieving schedule and budget goals.
- Communication and interpersonal skills necessary for effective management and team-building internally and trust-building externally
- Impeccable attention to detail and a commitment to quality work product
- Extremely organized; able to manage a myriad of competing priorities
- Must have integrity, tenacity, and credibility complimented by a bias for action and a strong sense of personal accountability
- Bay area location preferred for our San Francisco office
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- Ability to work directly with customers and company decisionmakers
- Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family
- Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior executives
- Flexible work environment to help you integrate your personal life with professional commitments.
- Competitive Salary
- Performance based bonus structure with clear milestones
- 401K with employer matching
- Health and dental
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Ability to work from home or work remotely
White Pine Renewables is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status.